Friday, July 3, 2015

2015 DR Discipleship Trip Day: 3b

Location: Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

After we finished painting, we went back to the house to shower and rest for a while. It was then determined that we would go out for dinner.

The place was Adian Tropical, and turned out to be fantastic! I ordered the Fillete Tropical con tostones y piña Ca...or a bit of fish with fried plantain and pineapple with sweeten condensed milk added to it.


This is pigs feet...it was yummy!
It was fun to go over all the Spanish menus and figure out how to order my own diner. I really enjoy being able to ask for my own food (although I did need a bit of coaching from Josh and Patrick). We really missed Jenn. Her ability to tell us everything about the food was severely missed. Connor has a some food allergies so it was neat to find food for him.

Mr. Raimundo and Andrew ordered a "Boca Chica Fish" which was an entire fish (head, fins, everything) with a light breading then fried. This turned out to taste amazing! Given the chance I'd have traded my fish for it. But nonetheless my fish was fantastic. I had a ton of garlic on it...always good.

When we were stuffed to the brim we went back to the apartment with the decision that we would not have a study this night nor one the following night. That was bittersweet news. It was sad not to have a study but it was nice to know that we'd go to bed on time. Maybe secretly we are all just hoping that Jenn will make it for the studies.

It was very late for us and we were so tired from all the painting. It's always amazing how exhausted we all get here in the DR. So for the girls, instead of reading the whole of I Thessalonians, I just read them the first chapter as they fell asleep. I'm really blessed by how even when they are wore smooth out they don't give up on reading at least the chapter we are studying.

love,
Jessie Bear

Psalm 31:24
"Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the LORD!"

No comments:

Post a Comment