Friday, July 17, 2015

2015 DR Discipleship Trip Day: 11

Location: Jarabacoa, Dominican Republic, La Vega, Dominican Republic, Rivendell, Dominican Republic

Because I’d stayed up late with the girls two nights in a row, they told me not to get up for the sunrise and just to sleep late. *growl* But I was good and obeyed. I got up and packed around 9:30am. Josh and Emily had made breakfast of eggs and bell peppers, onions, cheese, and sausage. They also made fried apples with cinnamon. It was perfect for starting the day.

We packed lunches and made cards for our host. It was tons of fun doodling and writing for our host. It reminded us to be grateful and joyful.

As soon as Bronco arrived, we packed up the trailer. Then, ta-da, we hit the road! We stopped in La Vega to look around at the mission where Mr. R was born and raised. We met a group who was also from America; that was neat. We looked at the plants on the mission and then went into the cafeteria and drank lots of cold water…then we went to the bathroom. Typical.

When we all gathered up again, we piled back into the van and headed to Rivendell. It was a really good drive until a few of us started to get carsick. Once back at our “home” in Rivendell, there was major hugs and kisses all around. Vecina made us her epic café.

Once again, all of the girls were in the same room. We really enjoyed that. After we had moved in, we ran around the property like kids and explored every corner. I even found a baby snake. I failed to catch it, it was just too small for the stick to pin down fast enough. (Don’t worry Mommy, there are no poisonous snakes on the island.)

After supper we had a I Thessalonians Study where we caught Amburioux up on our progress both in the study and our lives.

It was so good to finally be back in “Rohan/Rivendell”.

Love,
Jessie Bear

Psalms 40:17
“As for me, I am poor and needy,
but the Lord takes thought for me.
You are my help and my deliverer;
do not delay, I my God!”

No comments:

Post a Comment