Thursday, July 2, 2015

2015 DR Discipleship Trip Day: 3

Location: Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

Today I had planned to get up earlyish and make coffee, but when I got up I was sore because the poor air bed had died, not fun. My head is almost totally better, I'm just a bit shaky and tired. By tomorrow I should be back to normal!



Breakfast was composed of left over fruit salad (kiwis, mangos, apples, bananas, pears, and cherries) and bread with jam. Just when I went out to make coffee (spanish: café) Mr. R had just started it. So I went back into the girls room. Janie, Rogers, and I talked a bit about what a "typical" day looks like in our lives and what we fear (heights, spiders, drowning, etc.) then we decided to go eat breakfast.

After breakfast we went to the church here in Santo Domingo and had WiFi to call home, email, and like here blog. Then we started to paint the inside of the church a blue grey, the accents are all a peachy color. I like it.




Patrick and Emanuel went to get us lunch. It was Pork, rice and beans, and yuca. Wonderful yummy food. Right now the team is touching up the paint and getting it set so that we can finish a second coat tomorrow.

(Hint to the parents: your minions will be somewhere that you can call them during the day. Also they should have sent you the house's number so that you can call in the evenings till the evening of the 5th: 809-533-6259 you can call us, we just can't call you.)

I'll try to keep you up to date. While the day isn't done, I'm going to post this. There will be times on the trip where I have no internet so please don't worry about the team we're always in the palm of the Living God.

Praises:
- I'm feeling a lot better than before
- Mrs. R got her passport

Prayer Requests:
- Jenn to feel better
- no one to get sick
- everything painted by Sunday

Love,
Jessie Bear

Galatians 6:2
"Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ."

No comments:

Post a Comment