Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Happy Birthday Joshua

So, often a person might make a new friend, and thus a friendship is born, yet siblings may not be included in that friendship, worse they may even be seen as the "third wheel" or viewed as "cramping style". This is very sad to me, my friends siblings are just as much my friend as the first sibling I met from that family! My best friend's youngest sister is my "twin".

And the brother to Jenn, the author of Becoming A Fair Lady blog (and the one who invited me to the Dominican Republic), is one of those kinds of friends. I didn't know him until AFTER getting to know Jenn. He soon went from being "Jenn's brother", to my own friend. The entire Raimundo family is dear to me. So, without further explanation…

Happy 18th Birthday Joshua!!

It was such a joy meeting you, and wonderful to get to know you throughout the trip. I've loved that we still keep in touch.

Yes, when I am out there next, I'll teach you to drive. :-)

You, sir, are a blessing to my life, a dear friend, and tons of fun!!

Your kindness and thoughtfulness wasn't missed on the trip, I was always very grateful for your gentlemanly conduct. Of all the men I've been around that gave effort to treat the women around them as SISTERS in Christ, you have succeeded. I felt honored and treated well when around you.
Often you gave up your will to someone else's, that is wonderful. It is a brilliantly burning light in you, that you serve Jesus Christ.

Dear brother, may this coming year be a year defining to your character and being in Christ. May our Lord continue to mold you to look more like Jesus.
I pray that you keep growing into the man of God you were created to be!

It has been, it is, and I am sure it will continue to be, a huge blessing in my life to watch you as God directs your footsteps.

Dear brother, when life pressures you to compromise, keep your eyes on Christ, He will make you able to withstand pressure.
When life seems upside down, remember that Jesus IS the WAY! You will never be lost or misdirected if you're guided by Christ.
When sin crouches at the door, remember two things…One, for it to overtake you, first it must bind up the strong man that is Christ, and two, you are in armour is given to you by God. He will always provide you an escape.
When it's hard and you're exhausted and it seems good to give up, hold tight to what you know is Truth. He'll never leave you, and He provides you with everything, and He is enough for you.

Dear brother, grow, like a tree planted by the still waters, soak up the blazing hot SON Light. Remember you are chosen by Him, and kept by Him.

Ephesians 4:32 - 5:1-2
"Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you. Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children. And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God."

Stand strong brother, fear nothing but God, be bold and courageous! Be unashamed of the name you were chosen for…disciple of Jesus Christ.

Romanos 1:16
"Porque no me avergüenzo del evangelio, porque es poder de Dios para salvación a todo aquel que cree; al judío primeramente, y también al griego."

No comments:

Post a Comment